Spa Forums

The information contained in this forum is from SpaForums.Com and IS NOT AUTHORITATIVE advice or official commentary from Spa Shopper, SpaPartsNet.com or SpaBabes.com. Use this information at your own risk!

This topic has attachments which you can't view here. To see this topic in its entirety, Click Here

[b]Hot Springs Moto-Massage problems[/b]

Forums  >  FAQs, Tips and Help

[b]Hot Springs Moto-Massage problems[/b]
I've got a 1999 Hot Springs Sovereign Spa and upon turning the spa on following replacing the no-fault 6000 heater I found that the Moto-Massage unit is acting up.For the most part the moto-massage is stationary. I tried running the spa without the filters and that didn't make an appreciable difference. I can get it to start up for a while if I stick my hand in there and touch the arm. It then usually runs for 5-10 seconds. Even more interesting is that I can get it to run for a while (a few minutes) if I cycle one of the comfort control valves from High to low and back to high. I'm thinking I need to take off the moto massage cover plate and see what is going on under there. Any ideas or input is welcomed!thanks,Chris
Posted: 2008-03-04 03:28:43   By: cdelgrande
You may just need to replace the moto-massage jet. If you take it out, hold it by the jet end and see if the 'vertibrae' pieces hang down straight and are loose. If it has a bend to it then it won't work.
Posted: 2008-03-04 07:02:56   By: dan.the.spa.man
I got this from the moto-massage website:Before Replacing: If your jet is not traveling up & down there may be other reasons why: 1. Low water flow due to jet pump malfunction but usually it's dirty, clogged filters. 2. Improper air mixture due to air valve failure or the Moto-MassageĀ® air tube is disconnected or split (this jet will not travel without an air and water mixture). 3. Moto-MassageĀ® nozzle misaligned. (not traveling perfectly vertical) I thought it might point you in a little bit better direction.
Posted: 2008-03-05 12:24:11   By: charliez
This is that actual website that it's from:http://www.backyardplus.com/jets-moto-massage.php
Posted: 2008-03-05 12:25:23   By: charliez
thanks for the input!Here is one extra datapoint that I noticed last night. When I turn off the jets I notice that there are bunch of air bubbles that come out of the moto-massage unit. I can't recall if this always was the case or if there is possibly some issue with the air tube???thanks,Chris
Posted: 2008-03-05 02:23:06   By: cdelgrande
Ok, this is a dumb question, but can I replace the moto-massage with the tub filled? I wasn't sure whether or not water getting in the air tube would be a problem?worst-case I figure I'd need to drain it 18 inches or so...thanks,Chris
Posted: 2008-03-07 12:12:11   By: cdelgrande
Thanks for all the help!After examining it I could tell that the spine was broken so I replaced it. I noticed how brittle this plastic had become over the 8-9 years that I've had the spa. In fact, when replacing it I managed to break off a few more spine pieces.But now things are working well once again!thanks,Chris
Posted: 2008-03-10 02:11:45   By: cdelgrande
Re: [b]Hot Springs Moto-Massage problems[/b]
Hello,4 yr. old Hot Springs Sovereign back massage won't work. Tried taking filters out but didn't fix it.[b:3iczo5zv]How do I get to the workings of the back massage?[/b:3iczo5zv] What panels do I remove? Where are the vacuum hoses? (It has been drained).[b:3iczo5zv]Also[/b:3iczo5zv], the [b:3iczo5zv]diverter knob[/b:3iczo5zv] is very difficult to turn and the inside rear control on/off switch no longer functions.Thanks, Don
Posted: 2009-03-25 09:49:41   By: atheymd