Spa Forums

The information contained in this forum is from SpaForums.Com and IS NOT AUTHORITATIVE advice or official commentary from Spa Shopper, SpaPartsNet.com or SpaBabes.com. Use this information at your own risk!

This topic has attachments which you can't view here. To see this topic in its entirety, Click Here

1993 hot springs sovereign not heating anymore?????

Forums  >  Troubleshooting Your Hot Tub

1993 hot springs sovereign not heating anymore?????
"hello, I have a 1993 hot springs sovereign hotr tub that worked up until 3 days ago, then it stopped heating the water. I have tried adjusting the temp and it makes no difference. I have checked all the breakers, and reset buttons/switches and nothing, and aside from this, the tub runs great, all jets and setting work, the pumps are working, and i can feel the lines coming out the side of the heater and they are warm, but there is no hot water coming thru the system, what could this be?"
Posted: 2009-12-12 11:07:05   By: vhguy
Re: 1993 hot springs sovereign not heating anymore?????
You would need a meter to check the heating element for continuity. This would be the number 1 suspect.When you turn the temp dial up and down, do you hear a click of the relay? If not it could be the thermostat.
Posted: 2009-12-13 07:37:34   By: dan.the.spa.man
Re: 1993 hot springs sovereign not heating anymore?????
One of the biggest problems with these models is the remote pump console.Corrosion builds up one the CAT 5 cable inside of the spa pack on the top right of board. Just remove this plug in connector and will be good to go. Don't worry about remote panel either clean the contact pins or remove panel and have new connector installed at computer store than replace.
Posted: 2010-01-23 07:14:49   By: wayneb