Spa Forums

The information contained in this forum is from SpaForums.Com and IS NOT AUTHORITATIVE advice or official commentary from Spa Shopper, SpaPartsNet.com or SpaBabes.com. Use this information at your own risk!

This topic has attachments which you can't view here. To see this topic in its entirety, Click Here

2003 Cal Spa No Heat, Pump Runs, No error codes on panel

Forums  >  Troubleshooting Your Hot Tub

2003 Cal Spa No Heat, Pump Runs, No error codes on panel
Hi,Here are the specifics2003 Cal Spa with Balboa 5000 pack, digital panel, 220VPump runs on both high and low speeds, lights work fineAll wiring looks OKHeater will not turn on - No error codes on panel, heater "ON" indicator light is not illuminatedZero voltage across the heater terminalsChecked all three fuses on the control board with DVMDisconnected heater and measured resistance at 12.5 ohmsThere are two relays on the control board that appear to control the heater: #1-Looks like the over heat sensor cut out. It is closed when the unit is turned off and opens when the unit is turned on. #2-Looks like is the normal heater relay. It is closed when the unit is turned off and stays closed when the unit is turned on.Tried jumping across the over heat sensor relay, but the heater still did not turn on. Disconnected the temp sensors and the control showed the "Sn" error code. Any suggestions as to what to try next? Should I try to bypass the relays at the same time? Should I just replace the control board?Thanks,Tom
Posted: 2009-07-30 08:00:16   By: tom_in_cincy
Re: 2003 Cal Spa No Heat, Pump Runs, No error codes on panel
hello, i have the same spa with the same problem. Just curious if you ever solved it and if so, then how??... thanks
Posted: 2009-12-28 02:40:54   By: bstortini