Spa Forums

The information contained in this forum is from SpaForums.Com and IS NOT AUTHORITATIVE advice or official commentary from Spa Shopper, SpaPartsNet.com or SpaBabes.com. Use this information at your own risk!

This topic has attachments which you can't view here. To see this topic in its entirety, Click Here

Heater problems (burnt wire)

Forums  >  Troubleshooting Your Hot Tub

Heater problems (burnt wire)
I have a Sundance Sentry 850 that froze when I turned it off for a few days - first mistake I know. Well the Flow switch assembly burst and so I had to replace that and upon refilling the hot tub I noticed the heater was also leaking. So I took the heater apart and fixed that problem - the gasket must of froze and allowed a leak to occur, because upon replacing that it is now water tight. However, the real problem occurred when I hooked the heater back up, filled hot tub up and then turned it on because I started to smell burnt plastic. I drained it again and took the heater assembly off and noticed the red wire had started to burn and melt the plastic around it (Pic). Now I tried to take note on where all the hookups to the wires where and I am pretty sure I hooked them up correctly. I am no electrician so bare with me, but upon reassembly of the heater unit, the component that is connected to the burnt wire - with the blue sticker on top - might be backwards if there is such a thing for this piece, meaning I did not take note on the placement of the wires to the terminals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 2010-01-02 07:40:01   By: jester0722