Spa Forums

The information contained in this forum is from SpaForums.Com and IS NOT AUTHORITATIVE advice or official commentary from Spa Shopper, SpaPartsNet.com or SpaBabes.com. Use this information at your own risk!

This topic has attachments which you can't view here. To see this topic in its entirety, Click Here

early 1990's Hot Springs jetsetter heater question

Forums  >  Troubleshooting Your Hot Tub

early 1990's Hot Springs jetsetter heater question
I purchased a used jetsetter (1992 J model?) last year and it worked great up until last fall. I drained and cleaned the spa, refilled it and upon refill noticed that the spa was not heating the water. I phoned a friend who repairs them and he instructed me to try to remove the filters and call him back. The spa heated up and I was back in business. I reinstalled a new set of filters. Now it seems to be doing the same thing (not heating unless the filters are out). I was wondering if there's a flow control switch that's sensing restricted flow and shutting down the heater? I dont see one or anything that resembles one in the equipment compartment. I'm a newbie to this forum but I've owned a few spa's that I've repaired and this forum had a lot of good threads that helped.Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks!wallyps. I've attached an image of the spa guts as a reference.
Posted: 2008-04-05 08:43:07   By: wallster
Re: early 1990's Hot Springs jetsetter heater question
I just found the owners manual (see below) and I think the low circulating pump (L.-heater circulation pump) also works as a flow switch. Could that be worn? (how do I test it?)wally
Posted: 2008-04-05 09:01:23   By: wallster
[quote="Swine":4scvz22x]There is no flow switch on this tub.If it isn't heating, and the jets work normally, it's more likely the thermostat, heater relay, heater, or a burnt wire.If the circ pump failed, the heater would energize, and the heater high limit would trip in a couple minutes.[/quote:4scvz22x]Thanks, but why does it heat the water when the filters are removed but doesn't when the filters are installed? (the filters are new)wally
Posted: 2008-04-05 10:21:02   By: wallster
Any chance you could divulge where you found the manual for this spa? I have one just like it and would like to get my hands on a manual for it. Thanks!
Posted: 2009-01-17 06:27:45   By: syrix